Position: Director, Human Resources (Permanent or up to 2 year contract position)
Location: 130 Bloor Street West, Toronto
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Benefits: 4 weeks annual vacation; 3 annual float days; medical benefits and pension plan
Reporting to the Vice-President, Finance and Administration this position is responsible for developing and driving the human resources plan to support the organization through a major organizational change while providing direct day-to-day operational services in all human resource functions.
- Supports the Executive Management and Leadership Team in preparing for, and implementing, a major organizational change
- Provides day-to-day operational services to the organization in a range of human resource issues/functions including recruitment, performance management, organization design, job evaluation and training
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation and communication of all core human resource programs including compensation, succession planning, talent management, etc.
- Ensures a culture of excellence in customer service within the function
- Identifies operational improvement opportunities by monitoring and measuring the function’s performance
- Manages the development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of quality improvement initiatives, including proactively identifying potential issues/opportunities in customer service
- Sets, manages and reports on area’s budget
- Manages two full time employees and one contract employee
- Experience leading a human resources function and providing human resources services preferably in the public sector
- Experience leading a major change initiative
- Ability to function independently as a HR professional with a high degree of accountability while ensuring that the Vice President is well informed of the status of key deliverables and any risks
- Significant knowledge of, and experience in, all aspects of human resource management
- Knowledge and experience with management accountabilities e.g. operational planning, performance management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build/strengthen relationships with executives, the leadership team and staff and deal with sensitive/conflict situations
- Ability to identify organizational human resource challenges and develop innovative, sustainable solutions
- Ability to provide human resources services and support directly and through the team while maintaining focus on organization’s strategic direction
?We are accepting full-time, permanent and fixed-term contract, applications.
To submit your application for consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume in a PDF format quoting Opportunity 2016-30 no later than May 11, 2016 to:
Ontario Association of Community Care Access Centres
130 Bloor Street West, 2nd Floor
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1N5 or email: email@example.com
*Please indicate where you saw this job posting in your cover letter
All candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Association of Community Care Access Centres is an equal opportunity employer and is a not-for-profit organization. The OACCAC is committed to maintaining an inclusive environment, and will provide accommodation to people with disabilities upon request throughout our recruitment process.
Company Name: OACCAC
Contact Name: Corinne Dinino
Phone Number: 416-750-1720
Web Site Address: http://oaccac.com/
Online Profile Pages: