Beau’s All Natural Brewing is a close-knit, family-and-friends company. We take collective pride in creating unique, wonderful and organic craft beer, conceived with honest consideration for the environment and our local communities, and delivered with a sense of friendly relationship. A job with Beau’s All Natural means joining a new family – including all the family outings, eye-rolling humour, and wacky siblings you can handle. We have an assertive company culture of camaraderie, strong leadership, ethics, innovation, passion, and genuine enthusiasm for what we do. Life moves pretty fast at Beau’s All Natural. We have names, not titles. We brew using equal parts art and science. And we always have time for our friends!
We would like you to join our team! We are currently searching for a Director of Human Resources for a permanent, full time salary role.
The Director of Human Resources (HR) provides assistance and leadership focused on helping Beau's All Natural Brewing Company (Beau’s) achieve its organizational objectives. The Director of HR reports directly to the CEO and CFO. This individual ensures that the Human Resources department and Beau's are in compliance with all applicable federal and provincial legislations. This individual also manages the staffing for the Human Resources department and ensures processes are in place for the smooth operation of the Human Resource Department. He/she works on projects for the development of policies and programs, and coordinates with the financial department on personnel budgets. He/she must develop and execute a comprehensive strategic organizational development program for Beau's.
Beau's has grown from 5 employees to 160 in less than 10 years. We feel we have a very talented, loyal and hardworking group of employees. The charismatic leader we are looking for, will take us to the next and highest level of recruitment, development, retention and job satisfaction. We want every employee at our brewery to be an exemplary role model and ambassador, not only to realize the excellence we strive for as a brewery, but also the good we aim to achieve for our community.
As the Director of HR, you will lead and develop programs to make sure all elements of organizational and human resources are running smoothly. You will create and implement organizational programs to ensure we attract and maintain the best employees, develop their skills and performance and enrich their lives.
Your team currently consists of a Recruiter, an HR Generalist, a Payroll Manager and a Payroll Assistant. You will have the support of senior management to make any required changes to the HR departmental structure so as to optimize the performance of the team.
- Performs and coordinates policy reviews and analysis, including the overall management of Human Resource projects and the direction of their staff.
- Drive change and continuously improve Beau’s wonderful employee culture.
- Ensures compliance with all legislative requirements (federal and provincial), labour law and health and safety regulations.
- Research any new developments within the Human Resources field and implement changes where needed.
- Anticipate and identify emerging issues, trends and problems that affect the policies and programs of Beau's and develop action plans.
- Identify and address issues that affect the overall health of the organization; morale, effectiveness, turnover, absenteeism and productivity.
- Plans and provides organizational development strategy, direction, advice and counsel to the CEO and CFO as needed.
- Implement and manage various compensation plans.
- Provide direction to all levels of employees for HR related issues. Investigate and provide resolutions for employee relations problems.
- Execute HR programs such as training, innovation, employee recognition, activities and recreational programs in a way supporting internal equity and the organization's competitiveness.
- Supervise the administration and maintenance of payroll and employee benefit programs.
- Participate in recruitment and selection, promotions, transfers, contract negotiation, job classification, performance evaluations, and employee relations according to policies.
- Discover new ways of attracting top talent and ensure that Beau’s has a staffing succession plan.
- Contribute to leadership development through focused strategies including talent and performance management and provide training for supervisors in these areas including conflict resolution, discipline and terminations.
- Develop and analyze measurable reports providing fiscal justification for personnel activities in regards to benefit costs, staffing levels, turnover, absenteeism, recruitment, applicant tracking, compensation, promotions and employee productivity.
- Participate in ongoing personal development and continuous learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in HR or in Business Management or Commerce with a focus on HR required. Masters in Human Resources Management preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in HR required.
- CHRL or CHRE designation an asset.
- Proven track record in creating innovative programs and/or leading a best in class human resources department.
- Demonstrated ability to meet strategic objectives for HR and the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage core HR processes
- Proven project management skills required.
- Able to make sound business decisions and evidence based recommendations to senior management.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to have a positive impact on business results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of labour laws and personnel related legislation.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Computer literacy.
We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for interview will be contacted. If this is the role for you, please submit your application to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beau’s is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity and inclusion in our brewery. We promise to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. We are also able to provide accessibility accommodation during the recruitment process - just let us know with an email to email@example.com, and we'll work with you to make sure your needs are met.