Distillery foreman - NOC 9213 - 1 vacancy
Company: Eau Claire Distillery
Business Information: We are a distillery producing Whisky, Gin and Vodka. Eau Claire Distillery is a dynamic, fast growing an entrepreneurial company producing and selling award winning spirits including Gin, Vodka and several seasonal products. It is the only single Malt Whisky distillery in Alberta. Eau Claire produces farm to glass products and is rapidly growing its market reach across Canada and into the United States. It is a fully integrated and grows grain through its own farming operations in Southern Alberta. Eau Claire Distillery is a fun, fast paced, team environment
Business address: 113 Sunset Boulevard NW, Turner Valley, AB T0L 2A0
Work location: same as above
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full Time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Description: This is a supervisory position, reporting directly to the head distiller, for somebody interesting in expanding their knowledge of craft distillation in a production setting.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who process, package, test and grade food, beverage and associated products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments e.g. sales, tasting room, accounting and management.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality with the production staff.
- Requisition materials and supplies for the production/quality assurance of all the distilled products
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policy including development of SOP’s
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions of the production department
- Prepare production and other reports including month end reporting to accounting department and excise reporting as necessary.
- Identify, evaluate, control and prevent hazards at all stages of the food production process
- Completion of high school diploma
- Post-secondary education in microbiology, or chemistry and distilling is required
- Several years of experience associated with distillery processing industry is required
- Have experience distilling and operating distillery machinery/equipment is required
- Experience in distillery & quality assurance programs is required
- Have a valid driver’s license
Salary: $25.32 to $27.32 hourly, 40.00 Hours per week. Monday to Friday 8:00am4:00PM
- Basic Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Extended Health and Dental benefits (full schedule available) are offered
- Bottle allocation monthly (based on a minimum of 100 hours worked in a calendar month)
- Staff discounted of 20% on retail items (bottles/merchandise) and 30% on food
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 113 Sunset Boulevard NW, Turner Valley, AB T0L 2A0