Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Human Resources Advisor position performs a wide range of functions in support of HR services. The position deals with confidential and sensitive information requiring sound judgment and insight. The Advisor maintains processes relating to existing HR policies and assists in the research, development and implementation of new policies.
The Advisor fulfills a consultative role to management and employees on topics such as training and development, recruitment, compensation, benefits and terms and conditions of employment. The Advisor assists with the organization of corporate training and development events, provides advice on the development and implementation of corporate benefits programs, and the risk associated with the employment of people.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience and a relevant post-secondary degree or equivalent
- Working level understanding of employment legislation and the HR industry
- Strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and seamlessly change priorities when required
- Proficiency and confidence when dealing with a diverse range of professionals in a proactive and confidential manner
- Service-minded attitude and sensitivity to differing cultures
- Experience with training and development, succession planning activities, benefits administration and risk management
- Certified HR-related designation
- General understanding of the investment industry
We offer competitive compensation, along with a performance incentive plan, four weeks of vacation, employer-funded health plans, and a defined benefit pension plan. Prior to applying, please visit the Careers page of our website (www.bcimc.com) for details and a list of accountabilities for this position.
Please forward your resume and covering letter, indicating compensation expectations and File #434, no later than July 8, 2016 to: HR@bcimc.com
Be part of a GROWING team – apply online today!
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue to the next phase of the recruitment process will be contacted.