Organization Overview: Aecon Construction Group Inc. is the largest publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company in Canada. Aecon’s expertise covers the full range of services, including design and construction, financing, operating, procurement, and project management. Aecon Group and its predecessor companies have helped build many of Canada's most famous infrastructure landmarks, including the CN Tower, St. Lawrence Seaway, Highway 407 Express Toll Route, Vancouver Sky Train, and the Montreal-Trudeau International Airport, among others.
Aecon Group Inc. is an industry-leading construction and infrastructure development company at the forefront of our economy’s strongest growth sectors – Infrastructure, Energy, Mining. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally.
Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public sector clients throughout Canada and on a selected basis internationally.
Divisional Overview: Aecon’s Corporate division provides a support system which extends throughout all branches of the company and includes IT services, communications, finance and human resources, among others.
Business Unit: Human Resources
Province/State: Ontario [ON]
Position Overview: Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the Manager, HR Programs will be accountable for all HR Employee Programs, as well as HR Governance functions, for Aecon Group Inc.Key Responsibilities
• Oversight of Aecon’s HR Programs (Achievement Awards, J. Beck Scholarship Award Program, Aecon Accolades Recognition Program) including marketing, stakeholder management, coordination of events and awards, compiling program materials and other program management as required.
• Oversees the annual employee engagement survey process including collaborating with the national HR team, working with the Programs Coordinator to ensure a smooth and effective process.
• Supports activities related to engagement result action planning with HR both nationally and locally as required
Diversity & Inclusion
• Leads the implementation of D&I action plans in collaboration with the D&I Council, as well as key stakeholders across the Company. Monitors and reports on progress. Represents the Company as a diversity and inclusion subject matter expert at internal and external events and presentations.
• Collaborates with HR business partners, HR Centers of Excellence and line managers to measure and evaluate the effectiveness of D&I programs.
• Supports business leaders and HR business partners in diagnosing diversity and inclusion related issues, recommending potential solutions and executing organizational interventions for various business departments/functions.
HR Policy Review
• Proactively reviews and makes recommendations to policy changes, balancing consideration for operational needs with emerging trends and legislation
• Facilitates thorough change management efforts for each policy change when required and appropriate
HR Risk Register
• Conducts analysis, research, and tactical management of HR items included on Aecon’s Risk Register
• Provides proactive support to HR business partners on people related project mobilization considerations ensuring agile, efficient, and consistent ramp up on new projects as required
• Leads external audit activities (i.e. Infrastructure Ontario)
• Participates in and leads internal audit activities on behalf of HR
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management
• CHRP designation
• 2-3 years of HR program management experience required, coupled with a minimum of 5 years HR business partnering experience
• Experience with Diversity & Inclusion initiatives is highly desirable
• Advanced capability with Microsoft Office products
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues within a matrixed operating environment
• Strong problem solving, organizational skills, written and verbal communication and analytical skills
• Demonstrated project management and critical thinking ability
• Ability to use influence for building consensus among the management team in support of program strategies
Employment Status: Permanent
Equity Statement: Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Accessibility: Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
How to Apply: Please visit http://www.aecon.com/Careers/View_Jobs and apply directly to the Human Resources Programs Manager role (Job ID 4863)