Company: JLF Enterprises Inc. / Midas
Business Location: 16126 Stony Plain Road, Edmonton, AB T5P 4A2
Work Location: Work involves multiple locations in our different shops: Edmonton, St. Albert, Sherwood Park and Red Deer.
Business information: You can rely on us for expert brake repair, scheduled car maintenance, exhaust repair, new tires, oil change, steering repair, suspension systems repair, wheel alignment, and more.
Type of Employment: Permanent - Full Time
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate human resources policies and programs
- Implement and evaluate human resources and labour relations strategies
- Experience in Managing programs and maintaining human resources information and related records systems
- Managing training and help Installing the Retail Performance Management System (RPM) to become standard operating procedure in every JLF Enterprises Inc. Store.
- Lead JLF Enterprises Inc. to expand their number of stores.
- Participate in local Franchise Development sales events.
- Work with Staff to orient them to The Midas Way, understanding the Midas System, working through start-up issues, and helping them become proficient with all things operational.
- Cold Calling competitive independent tire and auto repair dealers to discuss converting their business to Midas or potentially selling their business to JLF Enterprises.
- Ensure that all JLF Enterprises Inc. stores are upgraded to meet minimum Brand and POS Standards. When appropriate, create an action plan that addresses brand standard inadequacies with a timetable of change.
- Develop annual business plans with each Manager with targets that have clear and measurable objectives with tactics for sales growth, profitability, expansion, car count, tire sales, customer service and satisfaction, and other JLF Enterprises Inc. initiatives as warranted. Develop succession plans with all Managers. Review the results annually with each franchisee Manager and make improvements and changes based on achievement levels of objectives.
- Engage with TBC support departments to help achieve manager goals. Departments include marketing, training, call center, accounting, real estate, construction, purchasing, and tire merchandising.
- Actively work with local NTD & DT Tire warehouse and secondary tire suppliers to ensure high levels of service to assigned managers. Engage tire suppliers in monthly dealer meetings and encourage making sales calls on dealers and being present at the monthly OMA meetings.
- Partner with our key Tire Manufacturers and parts vendors to promote and schedule quarterly training sessions in all stores.
- Work with key parts suppliers to execute Car Care / NAPA Programs. Include parts suppliers in monthly OMA meetings where/when appropriate.
- Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies, benefit programs and collective agreements
- Review Managers monthly P&L and balance sheet statements and make suggestions for operational improvements.
- Become an expert in the Midas FOO, the Midas franchise agreement, and real estate and property control documents.
- Negotiate collective agreements on behalf of employers or workers
- Mediate labour disputes and grievances
- Research and prepare occupational classifications, job descriptions and salary scales
- Administer benefit employment equity and other human resources programs
- Co-ordinate employee performance and appraisal programs
- Coordinate and lead regularly scheduled JLF Enterprises Inc. meetings by OMA. Emphasize improving retail execution, supplier initiatives, sharing best practices, implementing growth initiatives, and building a camaraderie amongst the Managers in the group.
- Research employee benefits and health and safety practices and recommend changes
- Hire, train and supervise staff
- Coach and teach individual store managers to manage P&L as a tire and service retailer. Getting them to learn and embrace the concept of balancing Gross Profit Percent and Gross Profit Dollars.
- Train store personnel on sales skills, RO Writer, phone techniques, proper courtesy inspections, VIP process, the Midas Way, and RPM training.
- Supervise Day to Day operational requirements of franchises with strategic planning up to 90 days.
Area of Specialization:
- Development of Business Growth
Computer and Technology Knowledge:
- Electronic scheduler
- Human resources software
- Database software
- Project management software
- Data analysis software
- Electronic mail
- MS Power Point
- SAP (FI/CO/HR/MM/OT SD)
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- MS Excel
- Completion of high school is required. A college diploma in human resources management or a related field, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce, or psychology is preferred.
- Experience in managing, implementing, and training TBC programs required. As our goal is to expand by at least five more locations and 35 employees within five years therefore experience in TBC programs is necessary to facilitate the expansion.
- Experience in Managing programs and maintaining human resources information and related records systems is required.
Salary: $32.69 to $33.69 hourly, 44.00 hours per week
Benefits: We provide disability benefits, extended medical insurance and dental benefits. We also provide uniforms, discount on vehicle repairs and mileage reimbursement for personal use of vehicle.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org